How important is the staging of the outside of your home to potential buyers? Drive-up curb appeal and their first impression can be the first step to a successful showing and sale or just the opposite in some cases. Here are seven ideas and tips on how to make your house stand out to potential buyers. Statistics show that well staged homes stay on the market 78% less time than those that are not staged!
(1) Purchase a new welcome mat and also make sure your house numbers are clearly visible from the street.
(2) A well manicured lawn can provide great drive-up appeal and make sure to trim those hedges and trees.
(3) Highlight your outdoor living areas such as decks and patios. Remove clutter, maybe add new cushions to your outdoor furniture and flowers or plants for more color.
(4) Be sure and wash the windows inside and out. Dirty windows will not earn you any points with those buyers visiting your home.
(5) If you have a pool, then make it sparkle. Make sure that the water is clean and clear and that the edges around the pool are spotless.
(6) Consider adding some outdoor lighting or if you already have then make sure all lights including the porch light are working.
(7) Consider adding some color to the front door and porch area. Maybe a fresh coat of new paint on the front door or some flowers on the porch and walkway.
Good luck with selling your home and again remember that the apperance of the outside of your home can make a great or not so great first impression on potential buyers.
Sources: Housing Wire and RISMedia
Steve Lester is a REALTOR with Keller Williamd Realty living in Allen, Texas.